High School Students
Why Detroit Promise?
The Detroit Promise is a last-dollar scholarship that ensures all eligible Detroit residents have a tuition-free path to an associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or technical certificate at participating academic institutions.
Steps to Become a Detroit Promise Scholar
To become a Detroit Promise Scholar, graduating seniors must complete the following steps:
- Step One - Apply for the Promise
- All eligible students should complete their Detroit Promise registration to confirm interest in receiving tuition assistance
- Step Two - Apply to Colleges/Universities
- Submit your application to Promise's partnering two-year/four-year institutions
- Step Three - Submit Financial Aid Documents
- Submit the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) and make sure to list the partnering institutions you are considering
- Step Four - Register for Courses
- Complete course registration to begin classes at a Promise partnering institution
Detroit Promise Partnering Colleges
The Detroit Promise offers a tuition-free path to trade, two-year, and four-year credentials at 26 partner colleges and universities in Michigan. Click below to get started on the path to the right college for you!